For a first time live show, the broadcast went well. We had a run through of the show, and we managed to get the timing near to 30 minutes. Luckily the actual show was slightly longer, and took us nearer to the 30 minutes, with the show ending 15 seconds before the 30 minute mark.
During the broadcast, I felt there were no major hiccups, apart from one particular moment where the tape with the packages on rewound slightly and therefor messed up the starting point for the package set up to play.
My roles were camera operator and floor manager. As the floor manager my first role was to make sure everything was set up. I feel I did well setting up, and the cameras and monitors were working fine. I taped the cables to the floor and the wall in order to prevent somebody tripping. If I was to criticize myself, it would be to research the cables more and fully know what goes where without having any help.
During the break, I had to move the table back slightly behind the stools, and bring in the Modern Warfare 2 poster into shot for Shaun's live interview. After the interview a package was played, in which I changed back the set to how it originally was.
During the show I was also a camera operator. I operated Camera C which was Charlotte's camera. I set up the shot for a medium close up on Charlotte, but relied on Blake or Shaun to tell me if the shot looks bad on the monitor. I framed the shot to a suitable standard, only once did I have to rearrange the shot because there was a bit too much head room.
After the show, I help pack away the cameras and monitors. We all were glad to get the show done, and felt happy with how it went, even with a light technical difficulty, but to get a show to be perfect on a first attempt is asking a lot, and even professional shows that have been on the air for years will still have the odd slip up.
Overall I feel the show went really well, and we didn't have any major slip ups to work on if we were to do this task again. We planned well ahead, went through run throughs, and had all we needed ready to start the show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment